“Israel’s” security cabinet, led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, has approved a gradual expansion of the ongoing war on Gaza, according to Israeli public broadcaster Kan, citing informed sources.
Israeli military mobilizes tens of thousands of reservists
Lieutenant General Eyal Zamir, the Israeli military chief, confirmed that the military has begun issuing tens of thousands of call-up orders for reserve forces.
In a video statement posted on X, Netanyahu said he was convening the security cabinet to discuss “the next stage” of the war on Gaza. His comments came just hours after a missile, launched from the Yemeni Armed Forces, landed near “Israel’s” main Ben Gurion Airport.
“We are increasing the pressure with the goal of returning our people [captives] and defeating Hamas,” said Zamir, addressing troops in a statement issued by the military.
“Israel” resumed its ground operations in Gaza in March, after reneging on a US-backed ceasefire that had temporarily paused the war for two months. Since then, the occupation entity has taken control of approximately one-third of Gaza’s territory.
This comes as the Palestinian Resistance continues to confront the ongoing Israeli war on the Gaza Strip and has affirmed its readiness to respond to any further escalation by the occupation.
Humanitarian crisis in Gaza worsens under Israeli blockade
The war on Gaza has intensified amid growing international calls for “Israel” to lift its aid blockade, imposed in March. Humanitarian conditions in the Gaza Strip continue to deteriorate rapidly, with more than 2.3 million Palestinians now relying on very limited aid supplies.
“Israel” launched its war on Gaza following the October 7, 2023, attack by the Palestinian Resistance. Since then, over 52,000 Palestinians have been killed, according to local health authorities.
Source: Al Mayadeen

